Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My soon-to-be Sphinx cat.

Mao is suffering from the long-term effects of an ailment called "Flea Allergy Dermatitis."
The fleas are long gone, in fact they have been since the beginning of January. He's been Advantaged, bathed, medicated and brushed, but although the little hoppers are all extinct, he won't stop grooming.
It's apparently become an obsessive compusion now. Apparently we need to take him to a cat shrink.

The result of all this overattentiveness to grooming is uncomely: a bare baboon-like bottom, a bald pink tummy, armpits that look like they've been shaved and some bald spots on his back.

He doesn't want to go outside when it's the least bit cold, and I don't blame him. It's like going out without your pants on. Poor guy.

Aside from pumping him full of more steroids to try to break the itch cycle (which hasn't worked the last two times) I'm at a loss.

I want my handsome, shiny-coated, furry-on-both-ends cat back.
Post a Comment