Monday, October 16, 2006

I like yams, kind of.

The wave of madness has passed and things are back to normal. Well, as normal as things can be, considering.
I figure that fall must finally be here, considering our now leaf-carpeted lawn which, as of Sunday was bare from raking. I pulled up the tomatoes. We lost a few to the cold, but I can't eat them anyways, so it's Peter's loss.

Dad's coming out in November with his chainsaw to demo-late the two non-plum trees that I tried my best to nurse back to health last year, to no avail. Darn things just get infested with little squiggly wormies twice a year and their leaves look as holey as the bum of some hirsuite oaf's tighty-whities.

We're also planning on installing laminate while he's here, which means I'd better start dismantling the bookcase so we can pull back the carpet for prep work. I'm not actually very sure how much work this whole laminate installation thing will entail, but I'm expecting the worst. We've got those crappy stick-on parquet tiles under our carpet and I figure we'll need to do some filling and levelling. It will all be worth it in the end, though. Just today I was pulling my hair out as the cat tracked his muddy paws over our not-so-white carpet.

On a completely different note, I have discovered that I can handle eating yams 1. in very small portions 2. if they're yam fries. This has excited me enough to use them in a stew, which I will be eating shortly. Mmmmm... smells good! Make that VERY shortly.
Post a Comment