Tuesday, January 09, 2007

There's a Hole, there's a Hooooole....

... there's a hole in the side of my nose!

Thanks to Beanie, I worked up my courage and got my nose pierced. I'd been tempted to for awhile, but having a friend (albeit an insane one) there for moral support who was also getting pierced, made the difference. Wasn't that bad, considering I HATE needles and regularly pass out after blood tests.

No, there was no anesthetic. Yes, they used a big pointy needle. Yes, it did hurt, but with the help of some deep breathing, I got through the worst of it. Although, come to think of it, the worst part was actually having a cork shoved up my nose. That bit was really uncomfortable and I looked like a complete dweeb.

Anyhoo, I now have a little sparkly blue nose stud in a little hole that I painstakingly flush 4 times a day with saline solution.
I think the whole thing looks really subtle and cute. So far no one has dared to say otherwise... anyone...dare?

Here is a pick-a-ture of me and Beanie with our little nosies. My vanity begs you to please note that I am NOT wearing any make-up, hence my washed-out look.

Post a Comment