Friday, February 02, 2007

Eating is hard work...

Look what Peter did to me:



O.K., fine, so I kinda liked it, but that's not the point.

The point is that sometime in early September, all going as planned, we will be bringing a Peter/Chelle hybrid into the world! And if THAT is not scary enough for you, you should know that we intend to RAISE this little creature, possibly well into its twenties. This is a big step up from houseplants and the cat. We are talking real, live responsibility here. It is a very big "WOW!" for me!

Needless to say, we're thrilled. The timing is perfect and we were both hoping for this! Now, it's just a matter of surviving the first trimester. Which brings me to why I will be home for the next 2 weeks...

Many, many, many people told me about exactly how exhausted and desperate I would be for the first 3 months of my infant's life.

Nobody, nobody, nobody told me how exhausted and ill I would feel for the first 3 months of my pregnancy - at least not before I became pregnant NOW everyone is like, "Oh... yeah... that happens to some women." Uh huh. So eating and digesting food has become my daily challenge. Staying conscious and thinking straight for more than 2 hours at a time is right behind that. Needless to say, in my present condition, dealing with grade 8 students is not an option. So my obstetrician recommended I take a few weeks off, until I'm nearing the end of my 1st trimester (I'm about 10 weeks right now).

The time off has been glorious. All 2 days of it so far. I can sleep when I want to (lots and lots) and eat when I want to (not so much) and work when I want to (slowly chipping away at my marking pile).

I have so much to say about what I have experienced so far that I will post some more blogs in the near future. It's probable that you won't find my pregnancy nearly as fascinating as I am finding it, but I will plague you with the details anyways. And you have to read them. Because now I am pregnant and everyone knows that you have to keep pregnant women happy.

I think I am going to enjoy this...
Post a Comment