Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thinking of my Mao.

As Peter wrote on his blog, Mao is in the hospital. My heart breaks for this furry fellow. Ever since he snagged my sweater at the Humane Society way back when, he's been He is such an integral part of our day-to-day life that the house feels empty without him, which makes me unable to stop thinking about him. I try to explain to people that yes, I have a baby coming, but HE's been my baby for the past seven years. I want to do the best I can for him, because, quite frankly, I adore the little fellow. Besides, when I adopted him, I promised to take care of him the best I could. A pet, in my mind, is a very serious commitment. Peter and I are determined to stay the course, hand over our VISA and let the vet do her work. It's a wait-and-see situation.

In the meantime. I tell myself it does no good to worry, but it's been hard to concentrate on accomplishing much of value for the past couple of days. I've been at work, and teaching is fine, but the moment the kids leave and I have to get anything else done, I'm a mess. This could get problematic; my report cards are due next week. Stupid work. Stupid report cards. Extra-stupid camping trip. Why can't everything just STAND ASIDE while my cat is in the hospital? Pause button, please.

Don't worry, Aunties, Uncles and Grandparents, I am eating properly, drinking plenty of fluids and sleeping as much as I can muster (going for quantity over quality, here.) The baby is fine, probably better than fine. The baby has nothing to worry about, lucky baby! Don't I wish I were In Utero right about now!

I will post again if and when we get some news that will give us an indication of how things are going. Until then, thank you for your thoughts! If you have anything to say to Mao, let me know, I will pass it on to him when I visit him tomorrow. You know how he loves it when everyone is thinking about him!
Post a Comment