Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Third Trimester: Week 34

I'm into the final 6-week countdown now! Our last Dr's appointment went well - no imminent birth likely, I just have to avoid doing stupid things.

I'm feeling better now that I've discovered my limits are. Mainly, I have to stay off my feet as much as possible, and avoid lifting, bending and just generally overexerting myself.I can tell when things are starting to get tense now, so I just don't push it!

I've got all the usual 3rd trimester issues: swollen ankles and feet in the evenings, sore lower back, which gets worse the longer I walk for and constant need to pee, but all told, it's not that bad. I'm starting to feel the anticipation now. My hospital bag is packed and I'm getting busy making and freezing casseroles for after the baby is born.

The cat is doing better, too, which improves my state of mind immensely! He's eating well. His cone is off and he's still on antibiotics, but the shunts have been removed and his saroma *appears* to be healing well. I'm keeping a close eye on him, though... With this cat, you never know.

Can't wait to go up to Shuswap next week! I'm looking forward to spending time with my family and going for a swim every day.

Here are some pictures that Peter took of me last night. As you can see, I'm really protruding now. No wonder my back is sore - I'm developing an overhang!




Post a Comment