Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Small blessings.

Evvy has now been napping for almost 2 hours. In her crib. While this is not exactly consistent (as they say in the weight loss program ads "results are not typical) it is an indicator that things are going in the right direction.

Her new napping schedule, far from motivating me to be more on top of my housework, has given me time to pursue a simple pleasure I've been missing for going on 4 1/2 months. The solace of a good book. I borrowed several books on CD from the library during the past few months, but I prefer reading.

I am happily immersed in Three Cups of Tea, the story of Greg Mortenson>. His failed attempt at climbing K2 led him to building schools in impoverished Balistan. This is a great story that has, for once, an uplifting message to share about the northern muslim world.
This book was recommended to me by my Auntie Dorothy during our Christmas CD and Book exchange this year (a great tradition I'd like to see continued!)

Better count my blessings and get a few more pages in - this nap won't last forever :)
Post a Comment