Thursday, July 24, 2008

A blogging kick in the pants.

So, my good friend, the lovely Yukon-mom Fawnahareo, noticed that I haven't blogged in awhile, so she tagged me with a meme. This one was pretty straightforward. You ask your siggy-other (in my case, hubby) to tell you 3 things about yourself. You know, the deep, important stuff; and then publish this information on your blog. You also have to pick more victims and then go to their blogs and leave them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged. The comment must end with the word ‘pthththth’. Dunno why, it just does. Hey, I didn't make up the rules, here!

Peter came to me this afternoon wanting to get at it right away. By "get at it" I mean, of course, getting the blog started. Being Peter, though, I know I will beat him to posting. Firstly, because his blog has flatlined since about Christmas. It will take some serious CPR (Copious Proofreading n' Re-writing) to get him anywhere near a new post. Secondly, he takes the words "free time" very seriously and rarely gets anything of merit accomplished while he's enjoying these precious moments. Currently, he is playing some sort of heroically-titled WW2 game. "Soles of Justice?" "Mettle of Honour?" "Brave to the Grave?" I dunno, they all sound so much like something George W. would say.

Anyhow, this leads me to Peter's first observation about me which is, in his words:

You always have to feel like you're being useful.

I'd even take that one a step further. It's not only about me feeling like I'm being useful, I actually have to be useful. Accomplish stuff. Even in my "free time" I am accomplishing stuff. Like this blog. I am blogging. That is useful, right?
Anyhow, he's dead on.

Then he said something which I think is a huge compliment, mainly because I spend so much time agonizing over decisions in this department which has chewed up most of my "free time" for the last 4 months:

You have a good sense of aesthetic (ie. home decorating, garden design)

He concluded with an insight about me that I cannot even begin to explain:

You are a sucker for pugs and other fat animals in general.

Let's see... otters, pugs, tubby kitties. Yeah, I guess he's right on that one. I like my critters pudgy and fuzzy. Perhaps this stems from my childhood obsession with plush toys.

There. Mission complete. A whole blog written in the amount of time it took Peter's little computer-soldiers to burn down an enemy barracks. Snap to it, Private Tyrrell, the web is waiting!

Hmmmm... who shall I pick on? This is a tricky one. I know lots of bloggers, but not many of them are couples who blog. I will pick on Joanna and Ranjit. Tag, you're it!
Post a Comment